
After I wrote the post below, I realized that actually I am the only woman at my work. I forgot about that. However, I’ve worked in high-tech companies for years where women have always been scarce –unfortunate, but true.

Being in an office with only men, the cleaning supplies are scarce. My colleague above (an extremely talented graphic designer) is using a very sour white wine to clean the coffee pot of stains. Note, the cleaning supplies may be scarce, but the wine and especially the beer is always fully stocked.
We moved offices yesterday to a larger space on the third floor (which is actually the fourth floor, the first floor here is zero). And boy, do I feel that extra flight of stairs. We bought lots of live plants, which is nice and of course, which I am responsible for keeping alive.
I went to H.’s “Introduction to Islam” lesson last night. She did a really good job. I knew a lot of the things she was speaking about, but learned several new things as well. I also met a couple of nice girls. I can say girls because I was the oldest one there! Ok, it was a student organization.
Some of the things that interested me were scientific explanations in the Koran regarding things that weren’t even theories during Mohammad’s lifetime (571-632) or discovered by scientists until centuries later. For example, the description of the creation of the world in the Koran subscribes to the big bang theory (scientifically proposed in 1927). As well, Allah describes in the Koran the embryonic development stages of a human fetus; how it looks in the womb and how it develops…first the blood, then bones, then muscle structure, then skin…etc; a process unknown during the 7th century. For more info, read here.
I finally made it back to the gym last night after a week of being sick. I wouldn’t mind so much (missing a week of sporting) except that I signed up, with several of my girlfriends, for the SELF Challenge this year. It’s a sort of exercise and healthy living challenge that lasts three months. The unique attribute this year is that you can compare your exercise minutes and calories burned with all your other friends who signed up. It’s great for competitive people. :o) But, I was really annoyed that I got sick and couldn’t sport in the third week! Anyhow, it was good to be back again.
No comments:
Post a Comment