Heh heh. Gotta love it. Ok, it's been the worst summer on record, at least in the four years I've been here. August should be a solid month of sunny days, but someone played an evil trick on me this summer. The ratio of pretty days to rainy days has not satisfied my sun quota this month. Needless to say, these high heels make perfect sense to me. Check out this crazy link from my colleague W. Somebody tell me - How does this guy do this? Cris Angel flying.
I am in love with a newish series called Heroes. Has anyone seen this? A dutchie friend of my sister's tipped me off to this website TV Links where you can download almost all past TV series. I'm in a love-hate relationship with this site. I love that it's available, but it takes sooooo long to download just 1 show. I'm also addicted to this show, Heroes, so I attempt to download at least one episode a night. But, it is so very-throw-the-computer-out-the-window frustrating when I come check it 2 hours later and there was an error! Rrrggghhh. Does anyone know of a better option out there?
Am reading the world's most boring book. Probably not, but it's taking me a snail's pace to get through it. It's our next book club book and very well spoken of in literary circles. I know lots of people who know of or want to read Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China. I, however, didn't realize before voting that it was non-non-fiction. It's interesting, but such a vastly different world, I find it hard to focus on. That, plus all the Chinese revolutions and generals/war lords are really difficult to keep up with.
Last weekend was my naturalisatieceremonie - official ceremony to becoming Dutch. Here's a picture of me with the Integration officiant. And I love the second picture - it's a picture of my short American sister as she gazes upwards at the tall Dutch woman before her. It's a good thing there's no height requirement for living here...you can imagine the difficulties she runs into shopping for pants. :-)

After the ceremony we went to The Texas Ribhouse in a nearby town for dinner to celebrate with the in-laws. Appropriate, don't you think?The next evening was M&A's wedding reception. They got married this summer in the states (A is for American) and had a nice party back here to celebrate. My sister wasn't feeling too good, so refrained from imbibing, but had fun watching me and the compadres, to which she commented, "Now, I know what I look like." Humph. I don't know what she's talking about. I convinced P. to wear his Stetson, which was a big hit being passed around the dance floor. Click here or on the last picture for the photo album from Saturday night.
5 comments:
Congratulations on becoming Dutch! That is so cool!! I'll drink to that! And thanks for sharing the photos, I enjoyed them! Tell K I said hi, it's so fun to see pictures of you both!
Also-- I forgot to say how completely beautiful and happy both you and your sister look. That makes me so happy! Yay!
Hey, congrats on becoming an offical ex-pat! Are you soley Dutch or do yuo uget dual citizenship?
HEROES is awesome! I absolutely LOVED that show. It's out, or about to be out, on DVD so maybe you should hit up Amazon if the downloading is such a drag.
I have dual citizenship. I wouldn't ever give up my American citizenship, but since the opportunity to have both was there, I decided to go for it. Kinda cool to have an EU passport as well. I can work anywhere in the EU now without having to get a visa and go through all that hassle. Not that we're planning on moving anywhere other than our new home that's being built!
I finally managed to download every Heroes episode of Season 1. Just waiting for the next season now. :-)
By the way Miina, congrats on your new house too!
Post a Comment