Conversation taking place at the gay pride parade last Saturday:
Me: “You know you live in a great country (and work for a cool company) when your company not only lets you advertise with big rainbow signs, gay pride weekend, but hands out little pink cookies with coffee in the morning.”
Partner of gay colleague: “You know you live in a cool country when the government subsidizes prostitution for ugly people.”
Needless to say, he won that point. However, P. did explain in a bit more detail that while this is true, it applies to handicapped or disfigured people. Still…
Click here for more pics from the gay pride parade last Saturday. Coolest aspect, beyond the wild drag outfits, the parade takes place on boats on the Prinsengracht canal.
The weather was beautiful this weekend. But my stupid ass completely forgets to put on sunscreen. I think I forgot what the sun looked like (note – any day here could be fall, summer,
On Sunday, everyone headed to the beach in gridlock traffic, some never even making it to the beach. P. and I, unbeknownst to us, were super smart and headed in the opposite direction to a theme park as we’re both roller coaster fans. It was so much fun – a gorgeous day (note – I smeared on the 30+ sunscreen all day) and NO LINES longer than 15 minutes, which made it the perfect theme park day.
Our plan was to stop in
2 comments:
Yay!!! I am so glad you are updating again, I am so curious about your life! Thanks for all the new wonderful posts, I got to spend the morning catching up with you!
I know, I love these little insights into each other's lives...seeing this pics/video clips and reading your letters to Lauren. It's great!
Post a Comment