Saying goodbye sucks. I’ve become a professional. It’s been a year now that at the end of every weekend I say goodbye, yet again, to my husband and board the train west. I’m getting weary of it. Our vacation cannot come soon enough. I miss my husband and I’m feeling worn out and overly stressed. P. keeps telling me “just hold in there, one more week,” but I can see in his eyes he’s concerned I’m about to fall apart. And I am. I really don’t know how to handle everything. I want to be successful at everything – marriage, work, health, family, friendships, life…but I end up feeling like a failure everywhere instead. My biggest problem: I have a horrendously difficult time saying “No.” My second biggest problem: I suffer from guilt syndrome. This is why I converted to Catholicism. I fit right in. We’re the biggest guilt sufferers of all – and I do it so well. Only problem is, I’ve been out of the church so long (all of my 4 years here) that my faith is faltering – but somehow the guilt still remains.
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Parting is such sweet sorrow…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmmmm, can you switch to something lower stress? Or just quit? You moved around the world for your marriage, it seems like you should let the job go if it is messing up your life and your happiness! Says me, of all people, but you sound like you need some down time! When is vacation?
Hey Jenn,
Thanks for your suggestion. Problem is I really, really like my job. How many people can say that? It's the best job I've had to date. And I'm still really close to remembering how much it totally sucked being stuck at home all day and not being challenged in a business environment.
It's not the job that stresses me out - it's how to manage my time around the job better. I'm working on it. :-)
Vacation is next Tuesday the 11th...tick, tock, tick, tock. I can't wait!
Post a Comment