Bloody Long Monday - late leaving work - forced to wait 15 minutes for a train connection - arrive at my destination station at 7:51 p.m. - just in time for the cats and dogs to come tumbling from the heavens. And not the passing by, just wait 5 minutes kind of rain - the full on, it's going to rain big, fat heavy drops steadily for more than an hour kind of rain.
As luck would have it, I remembered to bring my super big umbrella home today. (See, there is always a silver lining). Picture me, loaded down with 2 work bags balancing a large black umbrella overhead, buffeted by the wind, as I cycle home.
No laughing.
O lovely, warm and sunny summer, why hast thou forsaken us?
Monday, July 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man! That makes me really miss riding in the rain, in a wrap dress, with no umbrella, with bags, and make-up sliding down my face...wait...no it doesn't. I don't miss that at all! When do I get to see pics of your house?
Well, the sun has been shining for the past 2 days and beautiful weather is predicted at least through the weekend so I'm enjoying as much as possible. :-)
Post a Comment