Lunch with two colleagues from my team: very pregnant, french girl and british guy
Me, with my sandwich and cup of soup, glance over at my colleague's dish. Being french and the food manager of EMEA, she almost always brings these super delicious, home cooked dinners for lunch. Today she has a tupperware full of the most appetizing looking...cantaloupe?
Now, I already like cantaloupe, but this just looked so perfect, fresh and juicy. We are pretty good friends, otherwise I wouldn't have said:
"That looks delicious. Can I have one?"
"Of course"
Gasp in gastronomic delight, "OMIGOD - that is the best damn cantaloupe I have ever tasted"
"Well, actually I did splash a bit of cognac over it last night" (said with sly smile)
To which British guy and I bust a gut laughing.
Could she be more french? Well yes, she could. On her last day before maternity leave, she brought a bottle of chilled, sweet white wine and a pot of foie gras (the real kind) to celebrate at lunch.
And no, we do not technically drink anything other than coffee at work. But somehow, the weather was good and we got away with a small sip or two of her fabulous french wine, sitting outside at lunchtime.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey are you on facebook or anything? I am dying for updates from you! How are you doing??
Post a Comment