Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Still going...and going...and going...

My father is 65 and still running marathons! Isn't that incredible? I'm chuffed if I get through 2 gym classes in one day, meanwhile he's running 26.2 miles (that's 42 kilometers for you European folk) in under 4 and a half hours (4:22) and finished number 1 in his age group at the Ft. Worth Cowtown Marathon last week. Go Pops!

Picked up the word "chuffed" from my British colleagues. It's slang for very pleased.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oooh! I am chuffed too- to see how many updates you have! Yay!! And good for your dad, that is awesome! Happy birthday- sorry I missed it! How did we get to be 32? I love that! This will be a good year for both of us. It's lucky. 3*2 is 6 and 3+3=6 so we will have 2 good years in a row now! (Don't ask me to explain why ages that add up to 6 are good. They just are!)

troglodytis said...

your dad rocks, probly always has.

i'm anything but chuffed if i put myself thru 2 goes at the gym.