After quite a long wait, a healthy baby Jette Lisa (pronounced Yetah) arrived on July 11th. Congratulations M and R! Below are a couple pics of the happy parents. Last weekend, P and I visited the new family in very traditional Dutch style. Note, an American girlfriend & I did throw her an American-style baby shower, replete with games and all. But this was actually quite confusing to many Dutch people as they do not celebrate until ‘after’ the baby arrives. The parents typically send out a birth notice and everyone makes appointments to ‘visit’ the baby. Although I don’t think M fits into the ‘typical’ Dutch mold, I was looking forward to participating in this visiting ritual for the first time. Jette was mostly asleep so I didn’t get to hold her, but she is so precious and tiny.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Welcome to the world baby Jette!
After quite a long wait, a healthy baby Jette Lisa (pronounced Yetah) arrived on July 11th. Congratulations M and R! Below are a couple pics of the happy parents. Last weekend, P and I visited the new family in very traditional Dutch style. Note, an American girlfriend & I did throw her an American-style baby shower, replete with games and all. But this was actually quite confusing to many Dutch people as they do not celebrate until ‘after’ the baby arrives. The parents typically send out a birth notice and everyone makes appointments to ‘visit’ the baby. Although I don’t think M fits into the ‘typical’ Dutch mold, I was looking forward to participating in this visiting ritual for the first time. Jette was mostly asleep so I didn’t get to hold her, but she is so precious and tiny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment