I'm back. I'm back and I'm married!
Well, actually I've been back a little more than a week now. But you know how that goes, return from vacation and all. It takes awhile to adjust back to normalcy.
Aruba was beautiful: sunny, warm, balmy, breezy, white sandy beaches, aqua-turquoise ocean, palm trees....the perfect Carribean destination.
Our wedding day was everything I could have asked for. I was so happy - I am so happy. I am a happy, married, old woman now. I love my husband, even though it sounds so old and adult to say that: husband, I mean.
I have much to tell, pictures to post, everything that's happened in the last two months, from the bachelor/bachelorette parties in Holland to the pre-ceremony events on Aruba to the actual wedding and the honeymoon...etc. I'll try to post a little about everything. I'm still swimming in the aftermath, so it may take a bit of time.
Today, after a business meeting, I was having a cup of joe at a cafe in Hengelo and saw a group of 5 men walking down the street. They seemed like friends out roaming about, all of them in their late 30's. They all looked different of course (some taller than others or wider than others), except for one thing. Four of them were as bald as bald could be (naturally). Except for the one lone shark who stuck out like a sore thumb for his head full of hair. And I just had to wonder, does he feel like the odd man out? Does he get up in the morning and think, "That's it, I'm tired of being different. I'm just going to shave it all off."
Monday, June 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats to the newlyweds. I'm glad that the weather was good to you and that you were so happy with the wedding. I can't wait to see pics!!
We want pictures! We want pictures! :)
Post a Comment