Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hooray - it's May - the lovely month of May

I am so happy today. It's warm, the sun is shining, the sky is blue and the world is green. Everyone is happy. I opened all the windows and doors, turned on country music and had a great morning all to myself. This afternoon, after stopping by P.'s work just to tell him how incredibly happy beautiful weather makes me, I went to the city to pick up a few things before my dress fitting tonight. The city was crowded with happy, scantily clad Dutch people wandering lazily around the streets and filling up the multitude of cafe tables and chairs in the city center.

Our favorite Thai restaurant closed several months ago and a new tapas restaurant sprung up in its place. Restaurants, up and down the tiny side streets, have a habit of doing that in Enschede. Anyhow, like all the restaurants in Enschede today, the new tapas place had brought rattan tables and chairs outside for their clientele to soak in the sun. Right next to this was another assortment of chairs and tables. At first I thought a new restaurant had opened next door. With a second glance, I noticed a couch. Upon further examination, I saw that up and down the entire street, people (presumably living on the upper floors of downtown buildings) had dragged their couches, kitchen chairs and coffee tables outside on the street! What we won’t do for the sun here. :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the couches and tables outside - how fun! The weather in the Bay Area has been encouraging many lazy afternoons either lying under the tree at the park or sipping icetea outdoors.

troglodytis said...

ROCK!
'
can you sleep on them? i know i can!

Jenn said...

Hello! Just checking in and eagerly looking forward to your next post!