
Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail.
Hippity – Hoppity, look at Peter go…
The Paas Haas (Easter Hare) is visiting us for Easter. Actually, this is Konijnemeisje (translates directly to rabbit girl) which is totally fun to say and sounds like "ko-nine-ih-mice-ja." She is just as soft as she looks. She belongs to a girlfriend who is traveling to Germany to attend her grandmother's 75th birthday party. They're celebrating with a big family reunion and party - a lot of hullabaloo. Of course, I want everyone to make a big fuss over me when I turn 75! Actually, I like a big fuss pretty much anytime.
This is the second time Konijnemeisje has stayed with us and we have totally bonded. After three days, she follows me around everywhere. If I'm eating, she eats. If I'm getting ready, she starts primping. And if I stand still, she starts hopping in circles around me. I still identify with cats better as they have a better cuddle factor, although I'm working on that with Konijnemeisje. She will now flop down on the ground and submit to my constant need to pet behind her soft furry ears, but only when she's already ready for a rest. And she's still most comfortable when her feet are solidly touching the ground.
I have decided to dub her the 'poo monster'. This is actually one of P.'s affectionate terms of endearment for me (he's just jealous of my regularity). But, by no means can I compete with the constant poo rate of Konijnemeisje. Luckily, bunny poo just looks little pellets that are easy to pick up and leave no mess. However, we have an agreement that if she wants to be out and about with me, she must pee in the cage, where all the sawdust and straw is. So far, this arrangement is working. I hope it lasts. :o)
I think I had a rabbit's foot keychain when I was in the seventh grade. Did anyone else have one of these? What on earth was I thinking? They were supposed to be good luck charms. And they used to be dyed in bright colors like fluorescent pink and green. Why? What kind of person carries around part of a dead animal's body to ensure good fortune or that they pass a math quiz? Hadn't our society advanced past this? I feel so guilty whenever I look at Konijnemeisje's feet. I guess I have to chalk it up to one of the many bad decisions I made during that era of my life, along with 'the wall' (the hairstyle where I hair-sprayed my bangs to stick straight up and curl backwards) and the purple MC Hammer pants.
I hope everyone had a nice Easter!
2 comments:
Hahahaha! The wall! I totally remember that! Don't forget the jeans with the ankle zips. What could be more flattering than that?
Yes, yes, the wall. As if wings ready to take flight right off my head weren't enough, I graduated to wings. What were we thinking! Go look in the mirror ladies. How will our current hairstyles be remembered? ;-)
Post a Comment