Monday, March 03, 2008

Back me up here

Okay fellow readers, I need some help on this one. How many people out there sleep with their socks on?

Who would have thought this could end up being such a marital debate? To this day, my sweet husband still thinks it's absurd that I sleep with socks on. He can't fathom why I would do this. Duh, my feet are cold. In the sweltering night of a hot summer, I don't wear socks. Seeing as how this county has very few of those nights, I'm generally in knitted foot wear. I just can't fall asleep if my feet are cold.

P. is absolutely convinced that the reason my feet are cold is because I've slept with socks on my whole life. My dear parents have failed me because they did not force me to take my socks off. I think this is ridiculous and if anything, an old wives tale.

But the tricky part is, we're already disagreeing over the unborn progeny and whether or not they will be forced to sleep without socks!

So, I just have to know. Am I the odd one out?

How many people out there sleep with socks on?


p.s. Not only do I have to sleep in socks, I have very special fuzzy socks that my California BFF keeps me supplied with. Thanks M!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If my feet are cold I can't go to sleep either when younger i wore socks more. have you ever had you tyroid checked?thats what I had cold hands (&feet)warm heart Nooo Thyroid problem maybe?

A said...

Well, since i sleep "all natural" it would be tad weird to keep only socks on.

:)

Anonymous said...

Put me down for a 1/2 vote! I wear socks to bed then sometime in the night they seem to get lost in the bottom of the bed only to reappear in the wash.

Try slipping your cold feet up along his thigh, you know that soft, warm squishy part and then see if he understands why you wear socks. ;-) - m

Anonymous said...

I wear socks to bed! This country is frickin freezin man!!!

Jenn said...

I love to wear socks to bed! So cozy!

We Four Explorers said...

I'm a friend of Beth's and followed a link to your blog. In answer to your question, I too have to wear socks at night. I feel really naked without them. Weird, I know.
J~

troglodytis said...

i have a hard time sleeping while wearing ANYTHING. socks might be the single article of clothing that would keep me awake all night.

i can't even sleep with the sheets at the end of the bed tucked in. usually my feet find their way out of the bottom of the cover.

if i get cold, i'll cover my head.





as for kids, let them figure it out for themselves.

Anonymous said...

I sleep with socks on in the winter -- there are certain parts of my body that must be warm before I can sleep. Feet, ears and, oddly enough, butt.

As for kids and socks. I say put them on as long as you can. If they kick them off at night, fine. If they get old enough where they're under (stay under and don't snuffle themselves), let them decide.