I thought buying a house that wouldn't be built until the beginning of 2008 meant we would have plenty of time to make all kinds of choices on the interior of the house, but nooooo, we're being pushed from the construction crew to make all kinds of decisions, decisions, decisions. We haven't even sorted out the mortgage yet! Ack! "If you want it done this way, you have to decide now, now, yesterday!"
Ok, we're stressing a bit. Buying a house in between Enschede and Amsterdam is supposed to make our lives better. Right now, with both of us in full-time jobs, it's so difficult trying to make an appointment just to sign documents. Haven't these people heard of the wonderful world of fax machines and scanners? Rrrgghh.
The picture above perfectly demonstrates how P and I both feel right now...sinking under the pressure of responsibilities. Coincidentally, it also illustrates what happens to your boat when you load too many people on it for Queen's Day. See photos here for our Queen's Day weekend. Sunday, my boss (the blonde woman) invited a few of us out on her new boat to tour the Amsterdam canals. It was a beautiful day and there are some nice pics of canal views.The last few pictures are from Queen's Day when P and I walked around the city.
2 comments:
Oh my god!! I just read all your updates. I am so glad you started blogging again. You have so much going on, and I am really sorry about your parents & sister. It's weird how those things happen in groups. I hope you take care of yourself with everything going on. Building a house is so stressful. (Learn from my worst mistake and do not let them talk you into flat paint! Eggshell is the best- you can wipe it off without having to retouch the wall!) Email me if you get a chance and I will tell you other bad decisions we made!
Smooches, Jenn
Thanks Jenn. I love reading your updates too! :-) I'll be in touch.
Post a Comment