Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm late, I'm late, I'm always late lately

New Year's resolution: Post at least one blog entry every two weeks.

We're barely into 2007 and I've already failed. How can that be? Wherever does the time go?

So, I'm crawling out from under the rock where I've been hiding. Every other day or so I have some interesting experience or deep thought and think, I should blog that. Never happens. And now, in the wee hours of the night, when I should be sleeping and preparing for a busy day of work tomorrow, I'm finally sitting behind my blog and can think of nothing really significant to say.

The year started off with a gunshot and P and I have hit the ground running. We hardly have any time to ourselves as the weekends are jam-packed with friend and family commitments. I'm severely struggling with juggling priorities and social demands against my new job and commuting travel. There are so many people I haven't seen or written to and I really buckle under the guilt and pressure.

I'll leave you with pics from our Christmas holiday back in the USA. Only interesting to those of you who know my family or like to see dressed up dogs (whacko).

Going home is never easy. When you live far away, you expect things to remain the same as when you left. My mother is constantly redecorating, so I know the landscape of the interior will change - but people - you expect them to remain the same, constant, unchanging, solid. They don't. They grow older and they change. To someone who's been away years - dramatically.

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am just finding out about your new job! Congratulations and good luck! And I totally enjoyed your family photos, tell your parents hello from me!